Kate Bedingfield, White House Communications Director sent Democratic lawmakers a note outlining President Biden’s first-year accomplishments, even with Build Back Better in limbo.
Driving the news: A copy came down through the Axios AM fireplace.
Vaccines: “490 million shots … About this time last year: Less than 1% of Americans were fully immunized. Today: More than 71% of American adults are fully immunized.”
- First injection: “At the start of the year: only a third of adults were impatient to be vaccinated. Today, 85% of adults have had their first injection.
Open schools: When Biden took office, “46% of schools were open. Today 99% of schools are open.”
Works: “The economy created nearly six million jobs this year – the most first-year presidents in history. When POTUS took office,… unemployment was 6.3%. Today , it is 4.2%. “
- “The average number of Americans who filed for unemployment in the past four weeks is at its lowest since 1969. When POTUS took office, more than 18 million were receiving unemployment benefits. Today, alone 2 million are. “
GDP: “Without ARP, Moody’s estimates 2021 growth at 2.9%. After ARP: at 5-6% growth rate – the best since 1984.”
- “The United States was just the country of the G7 [U.S., U.K., Canada, Japan, Germany, France and Italy] exceed pre-pandemic production by the second quarter of 2021 and continue to grow. No other G7 country had reached pre-pandemic production by the end of Q3 2021. “
Long-term unemployed: “In President Biden’s first 10 months, long-term unemployment fell by 1.8 million – the largest drop in long-term unemployment in US history.”
- Reality check: Soaring inflation is forcing individuals and businesses to adapt.
- Take it further: Read the memo. … White House: “Significant progress in the supply chain as the holidays approach”.