OSHKOSH, Wis. (WFRV) – The Oshkosh Area School District (OASD) will once again provide free meals to children as part of its summer food service program.
“This program fills a void created when school meals are not available,” said OASD Food Services Director Michele Stahmann. “Helping parents meet the nutritional needs of their children is the strength of this program.”
The OASD Food Program offers free meals to children 18 and under, as well as those who are older and meet certain qualifications. It is funded by the US Department of Public Instruction.
Providing nutritious meals to children during the summer, when free and reduced-price school lunches are generally not available, is the main goal of the summer food service program.
Participating OASD sites:
- Elementary Jefferson and Oaklawn Elementary School: June 13 – July 7 (Monday to Thursday; closed July 4)
- Breakfast: 7:45 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. and Lunch: 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Perry Tipler High School: June 13 – July 7 (Monday to Thursday; closed July 4)
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Packed breakfast on this site is available for OASD middle school students enrolled in the summer school from 7:45 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.)
- Oshkosh West High School: June 7 – July 18 (Monday to Friday; closed July 4)
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:20 a.m. and Lunch: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
For more information on the OASD Summer Food Service Program, Click here.