Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office Annual Christmas crusade which raises money and new toys for children is scheduled to start the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Sheriff Jason Ard predicts a greater need than in previous years due to Hurricane Ida.
In 2016, the program served just under 500 families, including approximately 1,200 children. Since then, Ard has said there has been a steady increase. By 2020, these figures had reached nearly 700 families and just over 1,500 children.
“With the new hurricane… it’s probably going to be even bigger,” Ard said at last week’s parish council meeting. “” We need all the help we can get. “
The program was started in 1987 and has been an annual tradition for the sheriff’s department ever since.
“This is a great opportunity for us to give back to the community, which you know as well as I do, brings a lot to us,” said Ard.
All donations are tax deductible.
Volunteers will be stationed at the Denham Springs, Walker and Watson Wal-Marts, as well as the Bass Pro Shops to collect donations.
- Saturday November 27 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday November 28 – 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday December 2 – 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday December 3 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday December 4 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 5 – 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday December 9 – 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday December 10 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday December 11 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 12 – 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Donations can also be mailed to Sheriff Jason Ard’s Christmas Crusade, PO Box 1515, Livingston, LA 70754.
Applications will be accepted from November 29 to December 3 and December 6 to 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 29225 Woodside Drive, Walker, adjacent to the Woodside Landfill.
Applicants or a representative must provide proof of residence in the parish, a birth certificate for each child – or other official document showing their date of birth – and proof of income for all persons living in the household or proof. food stamps.
The age limit for children is 12 and under.
The toy delivery date is Friday, December 17 from 8:00 am Applicants must be home to receive deliveries.